The Power of Different UIs / Devices
When you write an article, or even more generally, produce any product, it helps a lot to experience that product from different devices.
Not only that viewing the same thing using different devices makes you recognize subtle flaws in the design / structure, but different UIs also might be resulting in a significant change in our way of thinking, resulting in a potential increase in creativity and productivity.
Examples of different UIs and Devices while producing:
- Mobile UI (possibly in a chatting app)
- Blog UI (say, in Medium)
- Pen and Paper, drawing, writing
- Tablets, drawing, writing
- 3D simulation engines, such as Unity or Unreal Engine
- Rubber Duck Technique (monologue)
- Actual Conversation (dialogue)
- In Person Lecture / In Person Forum format (polylogue)
- Online Forum (online polylogue, for example twitter)
- (if applicable) Physical Exploration (such as when actors live their acts to empathize better with the role). Might include sound, taste, smell, touch, and other kinds of experience.